Thursday, February 11, 2010

02-11-10

Today is my first day of unemployment. I have worked at St. Peters in Albany, NY for most of the last 9 years and have worked in a position I have enjoyed for the last six months as a temp. My belief in Jesus providing for me was there at the beginning in 2001, was there in 2009 when I was unemployed fore 12 weeks and when I was brought back as a temp in August 2009. My faith walk has been almost like a roller coaster and today I am struggling to let go of the disappointment and hurt.

The last week has been a struggle, beginning with the news that my working days were coming to and end on February 10th. My faith was strengthened through positive encouragement from those I have worked with since August last and through support from many at Victory Church in Albany, New York. Everyone from Pastor Charlie Muller and the family at the church have given me verbal encouragement and prayer support.

Early this week I was informed about a challenge involving my daughter. The news has been difficult especially since there are issues concerning me that I will be addressing. My life is in a difficult place today and I do not know if the ability is here for me to move forward in the manner I mentioned in my first post last week. I desire for God to be there for me. Victory Church is having prayer each night now and I will be there this evening. I am in need of a miracle. It does not have to be big. I also know that others in the world, like in Haiti have greater needs than me.

I pray that God is able to reach out to all who are is situations like mine and show his love. God has promised to provide for all of my needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus. I need the faith in that promise to be increased in me today. I had hoped to make this blog a daily event for me to update and with the Grace of God, I will make that attempt.

Ray Fitch

No comments:

Post a Comment